Thursday, April 14, 2011

surrounded by librarians and loving it:

I'm blogging from the Annual Conference for the Texas Library Association.
I've spent the week at the Austin Convention Center, surrounded by librarians and information professionals.  And I have to admit, I've absolutely loved it! In any profession, there are opportunities for continuing professional development and conferences may be the most obvious opportunity. But they're the most obvious for a reason - conferences can be absolutely amazing and completely inspiring! It's exciting to hear about updates and developments in your field, to see what new ideas colleagues are working on, to meet people who are passionate about the same idiosyncratic subjects as you. I'll be writing about the panels and round table discussions I've found the most interesting and helpful in the next entry, but for now I have another session to run off to before I'm late! If I'm lucky, I'll have time to grab a coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment